Mips: frivolous notes of the Skyylark

4/17/2006

Great weather, not-so-great photography


I don't care what other teachers say, they're lying if they don't admit that the extra days off are quite a perk. In other words: I had the day off, and I was pretty darn happy about it. Don't get me wrong, I adore my job. But I adore play time just as much.

My roomie put the hammock up a few days ago, and I'm pretty sure this contraption is going to be the end of me. Or atleast the end of my motivation. Since the day was absolutely irresistible, and all my friends and family were at work, I decided to explore the lake across the street and take some pictures.

I know nothing about taking good pictures. And as far as my taste is concerned, I've always been more intrigued by urban images. But today I've taken a fancy to images that have both urban and wildlife images cohabiting. Minnesota's a funny place in that perspective; both urban and wildlife elements exist so close together. In one way, I love MN for it, you get the best of both worlds. But at the same time, you start to wonder how one affects the other, and vice versa. The Twin Cities are growing so rapidly, I can't keep track anymore. And it concerns me at times.



Well, have a wonderful week everyone. Back to work, it is:)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home