Mips: frivolous notes of the Skyylark

4/10/2008

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood."


Well, the weather is absolutely horrid, and I'm stuck at home sipping a glass of cheap wine. It seems only natural to try and spew up a couple of meaningful or amusing observations. So, for the first time ever, I have a career that I absolutely adore. I teach music to very little children, and this job not only makes me look forward to going to work everyday, it also has renewed my excitement in having my own child/children someday, (no time in the near future, I assure you). The kids at my work inspire and crack me up on a daily basis, and I continue to marvel at the funny social norms that occur when one hangs out with young children. What an odd and wonderful world it would be if adults never ditched these social norms as we grew older. My own childhood chronologically creeps further and further from me, though not spiritually. And being around individuals who have only had a few years of experience on this earth helps me remember how exciting seemingly mundane elements of life can be. So here's my list:


5 Things You Can Only Do When You're 3-years-old:

1. Wear snow-boots all day long...inside doors...in the summertime, and still have lots of friends.

2.
Stand on your head with your butt in the air in public when you get bored or annoyed with a person or situation.

3. Start running for no reason in particular.

4. Say, "My Dad drives a truck" to a complete stranger.

5. Yell, "I went poop!", and everybody cheers for you.


Word.



3 Comments:

  • At April 11, 2008 at 4:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yes, those are wonderful! They kind of go along with "I wet my pants" and your peers never give you an accusing glanze, not caring or criticizing the accident. That is what three year olds are supposed to do! Instead, they happily continue to color and creatively fill their papers with magical red, yellow and blue sqiggly lines. They know that they have just produced another art masterpiece. Hopefully they don't step in the puddle.

     
  • At April 18, 2008 at 7:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I don't know about your world, but in mine #3 and #5 are not uncommon.

     
  • At April 22, 2008 at 6:34 PM , Blogger Missy said...

    Than you live in a finer world than I, Christopher:)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home