Mips: frivolous notes of the Skyylark

5/21/2007

Family Ties: sha-la-la-la!




Hey all, I've been receiving the answers from the lucky bloggers I interviewed, and I just had to share the answer to the best question I came up with in this little game. I had the great pleasure of interviewing my mom, heh. To this day, I find the social dynamic of my family pretty intriguing. And I think outsiders looking in on our family do as well. In particular, the similarities and differences of me and my siblings. Thus, the 5th and final question I asked my mom. Here was the result:

Question 5. Which of your own characteristics do you see in each of your three children? Hmm, that is a little harder question for me to answer. I guess to make myself look good, I will go with the good traits!


I think a good characteristic that S and I both have is the ability to converse easily and energetically with almost anyone. We are usually not at a loss for words, and I have noticed, for some reason, strangers stop and talk to us. We have an easy welcoming attitude, and we usually like to talk to most people. Missy once told me that I shouldn't talk to strangers. I had told her that many times, but failed to follow my own rules. I usually couldn't help myself!


I think that C and I share patience as a characteristic. We probably are not the most patient people when we are doing physical labor, but I think we have the ability to analyze a situation, and wait to see what the outcome may be before we jump to conclusions. I know C does this, and, every ONCE in a while, I do that too. Sometimes to "wait and see" is a very smart move. It also saves a lot of energy. We are not only patient, but smart, too!
I think

Missy and I are both stubborn. Now that is not a bad thing. It simply means that we are not easily talked into things we do not want to do, and we are looking at the end result before most other people do. In most situations, I can go from step one to four and never need to think about step two or three because I KNOW I am right, and there is no need. Missy and I sometimes butt heads because two people who know they are right are bound to. We somehow manage to come up with similar results to a problem, although we take our own stubborn route. It all works out! Another trait we have in common is our love for children. We have a genuine respect for children, and for their gifts they have been given, and I think we both appreciate the trivial and flighty nature of the young. I wonder why. Is it because we never grew up? A question to ponder.

So, there it is. I think she's always been honest without filter where I'm concerned, haha. But I love her for it, and I think it's 'cause she knows I take things with a grain of salt. I'm not sure if she wants me to leave a link to her blog so that my happy viewers may feast their eyes on the other 4 questions, so I'm gonna leave that up to her. I also love the paragraph she wrote about my dad, so you all should hassle her for the blog address and check it out.
That's all!


11 Comments:

  • At May 22, 2007 at 5:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yes, I can see the resemblance between your family and the "Family Ties" family, except that you are much more bouncy and fun than Tina Yothers, and your family as a whole, is much better looking!

     
  • At May 22, 2007 at 11:53 AM , Blogger cK said...

    Wait. What? You mom has a blog? Is this true? Beginning Google search...NOW:

    Dammit. Failed. But I hope she shared with the internet community her Shake and Pour pancake batter episode!

    I do like her answer. Good question, Mips.
    -cK

     
  • At May 22, 2007 at 4:56 PM , Blogger cK said...

    Huh. Did my comment not appear earlier? Or is there a ghost in the machine?

     
  • At May 22, 2007 at 6:16 PM , Blogger Missy said...

    Yeah, Mom, you should post the letter you wrote to Shake n Pour. That would make a funny blog post.
    And ck: I'll probably just e-mail you my mom's blog address.

     
  • At May 25, 2007 at 8:46 AM , Blogger Missy said...

    Yeah, I was sooooo much cuter than Tina Yothers, it's ridiculous;)

     
  • At May 25, 2007 at 8:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    //And ck: I'll probably just e-mail you my mom's blog address.//

    Me too!

    I used to have it, but it got lost.

    Besides, you owe me for unmasking me on your blog.

     
  • At May 25, 2007 at 8:36 PM , Blogger Missy said...

    Oh alright you two, I'll e-mail it right away!

     
  • At May 27, 2007 at 5:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My goodness, I've never had so much attention to my blog!

    Littlesweetie

     
  • At June 4, 2007 at 8:39 AM , Blogger cK said...

    Mips, I think you ought to break out the accordion and hit the open mic at Merlins Rest in Minneapolis:

    http://merlinsrest.com

    It's on tonight, Monday, June 4. Woop!
    -cK

     
  • At June 8, 2007 at 8:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wait a minute:

    It hit me just now. Does this mean I'm Alex P. Keaton? 'Cause...

     
  • At June 8, 2007 at 11:08 PM , Blogger Missy said...

    No Ned, you were never like Alex P. Keaton:) Especially politically, haha. But growing up I saw some parallels between us and the Keaton family. Oldest son: Ambitious and intelligent, middle sister: pretty, stylish, and sassy, youngest sister: scrappy and blunt. But nothing past these simple generalities.

    Looking back at old episodes of that show, I had forgotten how funny it actually was. I'm currently having flashbacks of father Steven Keaton uttering the words:
    "There was a kangaroo...in my living room."

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home