Mips: frivolous notes of the Skyylark

2/12/2007

Zoom zoom zoom


I feel like I'm coasting down a woodsy back-road at nightfall. I'm relatively content, the sky is coated with large, rippling clouds that crack open just a bit to let in the remaining ribbons of light. Plus, there's a good song on the car radio. The heater is working well, I even have to take off my mittens. I slowly spin past the occasional car or house, even made a few quick stops, but nothing worth sticking around. The road rolls on and on with a calming, hypnotic hum.

As I'm being swallowed down this curvy, rumbling road where the black trees lean into me like an unfriendly archway, a few questions occur to me. First of all, where am I going, and when am I going to get there? And when I get there, will I be bored or unhappy and want to get back on the road? And most importantly, is there a "THERE" at all? In the meantime, I simply continue to drive, contemplating my next stop....

I guess I'm not sure where I'm going with this, I don't expect answers. and I'm sure everyone feels this way in one way or another; climbing a staircase with no plateau. That's life, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home