Mips: frivolous notes of the Skyylark

11/05/2006

"Can you read my mind?"

Maybe it's just me,... But sometimes I'll hear a song for the first time, quietly listen to the words, and get caught on a lyric that I swear came straight out of my inner-monologue. So I either worship the songwriter for reading my mind, or curse myself for having not written it down first. It's not that they're terribly clever or original phrases, it's just that particular song/phrase strikes a chord with your own personal truth. So I've decided to base my next list on this concept:

5 Song Lyrics I Feel Like I Wrote, or Wish I Had Written:)

1. Cat Power - Colors and the Kids
"It must be the color and the kids that keep me alive. 'Cause the music is boring me to death".

2. Aimee Mann - Save Me
"Save me from the ranks of the freaks who suspect they could never love anyone".

3. Bright Eyes - Poison Oak
"Now I'm drunk as hell on a piano bench. And when I press the keys, it all gets reversed. The sound of loneliness makes me happier".

4. Jolie Holland - Mexican Blue
"I'll remember all the dreams and mysteries you have borne in your crystalline soul, that you sing from your golden throat, that you shine from your sparkling eyes", and/or "I love your songs, I love your sound. Everything is so much better when you're around".

5. Van Morrison - Sweet Thing
"We shall walk and talk in gardens wet with rain. And I shall never, never, never grow so old again."

Feel free to add your own!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home