Mips: frivolous notes of the Skyylark

3/13/2007

If you leave, don't leave now...

There's no good set up for this coming list, I've just always wanted to do it. But after I constructed this list I discovered that I'm very 'anti-ultra-happy-ending'. I just despise movie endings that either seem too good to be true, or seem a bit shallow and lacking originality or heart. Anyway, here it is:

Skyylark's Top 5 Most Unsatisfying Movie Endings

1. Pretty in Pink - Screw Blaine, yey for Duckie. It just seemed so silly that the spoiled, two-dimensional character Blaine should end up with Andie. Not to mention that awkward-ass kiss that Andie and Blaine have at the very end. And even worse, they tried to make up for it by giving Duckie some random blond bimbo at the prom. Is there no justice?


2. Vanilla Sky -
Wtf? That's all I have to say... Wtf?

3. Breakfast at Tiffany's - Yes, I rave about this movie constantly, but I think the book ending was much better and much more realistic. But then again, in the movie version Mickey Rooney plays an Asian man. How's that for realistic. Just once I wanna see Holly Golightly take off for Brazil at the end.

4. Dead Poet's Society - Well, this is mainly because I've had a big crush on actor Robert Sean Leonard since I was about 12, and I usually stop watching the movie just before his character kills himself. It's just too painful for me to watch such an adorable man waste away:)

5. Closer - It tries to come off clever, but ends up being anticlimactic and...just..blah.

Any other ones??


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home