Mips: frivolous notes of the Skyylark

5/21/2006

"Tu ra lu ra..."

Lately a certain someone has gotten me hooked on creating Top Five lists. Sure, I've spewed out a couple in the past, it caters to my obsessive-compulsive nature. But now, when I have little more than three minutes of free time on my hands, I find that my idle brain begins to construct useless top five lists. So here's one of them, it's a bit of a counter-post to Beener's last top five, and I strongly encourage all that come across this blog to contribute their top five through comments. Musical tastes say so much about a person:

Top Five 80's Songs That I Am in No Way Ashamed to Admit I Love

1. Come on Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners
I'm not much for dancing in public, but if this song ever comes on, you better believe I'm the first one on the dance floor!

2. Raspberry Beret - Prince
Poo poo Prince all you want, I'm not ashamed to like him:)

3. Tenderness - General Public
No much to say, just catchy as hell.

4. Voices Carry - Til Tuesday
Aimee Mann in a she-mullet, need I say more?

5. Just What I Needed - The Cars
This song, unfortunately, is the background music of every commercial ever made in the last three years. I still think it's great, I just can't resist that little synthesizer hook at the end.

There you go, not ashamed. And I stress that if I don't received atleast five other 'top five's' in comments, I'll torture you all with a "Top 5 Early 90's Song" list. It won't be pretty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home